Monday, June 28, 1999
The presentation Firmament of Time took place at the Bennett Martin Public Library
4th Floor Auditorium
2:00 - 4:00PM
Sunday, June 27th, 1999.
Saturday, May 15, 1999
During the 1999 fall semester, The University of Nebraska-Lincoln will be offering an honors seminar on Loren Eiseley. The primary goal of the course is to introduce the writings of Nebraska naturalist Loren Eiseley. Eiseley's book "The Immense Journey" is regarded as one of the most influential pieces of literature in the 20th century. The class format is seminar style and open to the public to attend.
- Loren Eiseley: 20th century modern day shaman
- Nebraska Roots: childhood in Lincoln (including a Lincoln tour)
- Poetry interests and Prairie Schooner (University of Nebraska years)
- Paleontological digs out west: the period for professional development
- Anthropologist and naturalist: professional growth and maturity
- The Immense Journey and other works on nature
- Darwin and Bacon biographies
- Poetry and literary style
- The Invisible Pyramid and humankind in the balance